Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is it a fast that I have choosen...

“Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?"


Being here is very surreal, I am in the place where God choose to put His holy temple to place His holy people, His chosen people. There is such division, such a religious spirit here. As I walk through the streets I go from a typical middle eastern place then to a very Jewish place and it's only like 50 feet away. I see the Muslims bowing down to pray many times a day and also Jewish men with Yamikas and tassels.

I have been doing a lot of reading in the Old Testament about God's promised land, and His chosen people. The tension here about Gaza makes me sad. There are more Israeli military walking around here, but don't worry we are safe here in Jerusalem. This has been a week of really re-finding myself and my passions. I felt like I lost my creativity and I was struggling with being here.


Through the teaching this week and what God is teaching me I finally feel like I am starting to get my artistic self back. I am really starting to get excited about communicating through visual aspects.


With finding my creativity I am finding God in a new way, seeing the His Love in the Old Testament for His people is opening up so many new aspects of Him to me. He is my Creator who I get to co-create with, that is so exciting! This week has been one of personal growth.


I did an assignment this week which really put me back into my creativity and also God spoke to me through His scriptures!










This weekend we are seeing the sights around here and then the next two weeks it's back into the Bible, we are learning the early and late history of Israel, so cool to learn about this while being here!

No comments: