Thursday, January 31, 2008

History At A Glance...


Me on the Mt. of Olives

Greeting from the Holy Land!

It has truly been an amazing couple of weeks. During this time I have been learning about the History of this great Nation. It is very fascinating to learn the history while being here. I think that this hit home for me when reading 1 Kings 2:10 "Then David joined his ancestors. He was buried in the City of David." Then I was thinking, wait a minute the City of David is like a 20 minute walk from where I'm staying. King David and all of his royal family is buried right here. Cool!
View from Mt. of Olives
Looking at the Jerusalem/Palestine boarder


"Those who do not learn history are condemned to repeat it". A common quote that someone forgot to tell the Nation of Israel because man did they make a lot of the same mistakes. I have found a new desire for the Word of God and how important it is to truly know and understand not only the New Testament but how absolutely important the Old Testament really is. Walking around here I am really living out the history of this place.

View from Mt. of Olives
Old City Jerusalem
and the Doom of the Rock


Golden Gate

With learning about the history books of the Bible we also looked at the Wisdom and the Prophetic books. I think to myself; how did I never know that all of this was in the Bible. The poetry, knowledge and God's Word. It is beautiful and historical and wonderful! While looking at the Psalms we wrote our own:

Girl at the Wailing Wall

Oh God, my God I long for Your voice

My Creator, give me Your utterance
Though I sit and I wait for Your direction I hear the silence torment my heart
Though I long to be close and know y
ou I feel the emptiness; the formidable void of abyss
God, draw close to my soul, whisper mysteries to my inner being Father, come alongside my mind, express Your extraordinary nature to my spirit
I know that you speak, and that You are always there
I will sit and wait for your words to be imprinted on me
Though the enemy tires to take me from you
You are my Savior, and my provider and I know that you will never Leave me



Garden of Gethsemane

Learning the Word of God is so vital to living a life for Christ. If I have learned anything this week it is that to live for God, we as believers need to know the Word of God. Having this passion for the understanding of God's Word is something that every person following Jesus needs to find to truly understand and really know God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit our Helper!

Statue at the Church at Gethsemane

Inside the Church at Gethsemane

This next week we are traveling around Israel going where Jesus went, we are going to follow Him! I would love to hear from you or if you have any questions, I would love to hear from all of you!


Bath pools at Bethesda

Path of the Via Dolorosa (The path Jesus walked to be crucified)


Prayers at the Wailing Wall


Wailing at the Wall


Two girls at the Wailing Wall

Prayers

2 comments:

tcd said...

Autumn, I really like your pictures from the western wall. Well done senorita, those pictures just may earn you a spot in the top five.

April Joy said...

. . . . I to think your photos of the wall are amazing, especially the one with the person putting the prayers into the wall. . . almost as good a my wall photos. Just kidding. Love you . . . um also, i will fight your for that place in the top five. And you will lose. :)